The RCDC is an economic development committee composed of Smoky Lake County, the Town of Smoky Lake and the Villages of Waskatenau and Vilna.
The Committee is guided by the 2007-2027 RCDC Strategic Plan and the following strategic priorities:
- Improve the Region’s Economic Development Capacity
- Diversify the Region’s Economy
- Promote the Region
- Attract New Residents to the Region
- Maintain the Region’s Quality of Life
- Protect the Region’s Natural and Historic Assets
The Community Economic Development Officer (CEDO) is responsible for developing, facilitating and promoting plans, projects and initiatives that contribute to the development of the Smoky Lake Region and its economy.